Sunday, May 30, 2010

Walk 'n Rock!

(I don't mean to bombarde you with two posts within one week but I think you can handle it).

Today was the Rock 'n Walk charity 5K at Raley Field in West Sacramento. Back in 2006 I got involved with an awesome summer camp called WAVE Camp as a nursing assistant. The next year I became the "Camp Nurse" and I have been involved with the camp since then. I also participate in Camp COOL, it's winter counterpart. All of these programs are funded through the Access Leisure program through the City of Sacramento. Because of the economy these camps lost a majority of their funding. Thus, the participation in the Walk 'n Rock event! It was a awesome morning filled with a walk through downtown Sacramento and fun booths back at Raley Field. Lots of the campers came out to walk and it was great to see them! Hubby and I even recruited his mom, sister and nephew to walk with us!

{Jaiden and "Uncle Ty" with the Tower Bridge}


{The Walk 'n Rockers}
{Tyler and I (and baby bump) in front of the Capitol}

{Jaiden in a CHP car}


No comments:

Post a Comment