Monday, October 10, 2011

Reese's First Birthday... Better late than never!

For Reese's first birthday celebration I decided to throw a "tiny party" with everything miniature. Between working full time and raising a very busy little lady it was hard to accomplish all my "dreams" for the party, but I think it was pretty cute nonetheless. My mind went crazy thinking of all the "tiny" things we could decorate with, eat, and include in the theme! My mom and I made the cutest mini invites and with the she and my Gramma's help we made mini pennant banners, a mini party hat, and a lot of mini party pom-poms. We rented big tables and chairs, along with mini tables and chairs from our favorite rental place, had a mini bounce house, and served lots of mini food! On the menu were mini burgers and buns, mini bow-tie pasta salad, mini veggies, mini crackers and dip, fruit salad, and lots of mini snacks! I also made a mini dessert table with mini reese's pieces, mini gummy bears, mini caramel apples, mini cupcakes, and mini peanut butter cups. Guests left with mini party favors for the kids filled with cute mini toys! I was so wrapped up in the festivities that I hardly took pictures, but here are a few!

{The Birthday Girl, sitting in her new mini chair!}

{The mini favors}

{Mini pennant banners were hing throughout the house, this one in our foyer... It says "Happy Birthday Reese"}

{Mini cupcakes, with mini flags, made by moi}

{Dessert table, and Reese's own mini cake!}

{Mini burgers}

{Attempting an "all kid" picture on the mini chairs...}


{Bday girl in the bouncehouse!}


{Reese eating her cake}


{Reese and her two BF's, Aislinn and Xavier}


I got lots of ideas from other blogs for the menu, decor, invites, etc. and will have to do another post with all the links!

No comments:

Post a Comment