Friday, March 26, 2010

It's a Girl!

Well, I am 21 weeks now (Yay for halfway!!) and we had our 20-week ultrasound last Saturday. I was super excited and could barely sleep all night knowing we'd be able to find out what we're having. I woke up about 6:15 that morning and starting chugging water. You have to drink a certain amount of water an hour and half before the appointment to make sure your bladder is full and is pushing everything into view! That wasn't the fun part... We got to the ultrasound place and met my mom, who we invited for the big day! The majority of the ultrasound was measurements of the head, legs, arms, heart, etc. It was amazing to see all of the baby's parts! At one point I think she got sick of us poking around because she did a complete flip in the opposite direction! During one part of the ultrasound the tech was measuring femur length and was right down between the legs, she didn't say anything but took a picture and just kept on going. That made me think she had seen something down there and immediately I thought it was a boy. Then we got to the end of the ultrasound where they really investigate the parts. The tech said, "has anyone ever told you the phrase 'three white lines?'" I knew immediately what that meant and shouted, "It's a GIRL????" The tech said, "YUP, It's a GIRL!." We all immediately got a little teary-eyed. She will be the first grand-daughter on both sides of the family, and will be so spoiled! It has become much more real to us now that we have seen her and know that she's a SHE! After the appointment my mom and I even went to the mall and got the first of many adorable little girl outfits. She's going to be the cutest ever!


{20 week picture of me and my baby girl!.... I'm getting fatttter}

No comments:

Post a Comment